For today’s episode, published on Thanksgiving day, I cannot be more grateful for this conversation with Nadine Kelly, also known as YOGI MD.
Nadine is a retired medical doctor turned yoga teacher for the Wise Women
In this first part of our conversation, she will tell us why she chose to transition from being a medical practitioner in a hospital to become a freelance Yoga instructor and health coach for a very specific group of women, she calls the Wise Women.
Join us for this heartful conversation with Nadine Kelly.
Episode notes (part 1)
- 01:30 Why Nadine transitioned from being an MD, Pathologist to be a Yoga Instructor and Health Coach for the Wise Women, women of over 60.
- 04:30 What is specific about aging bodies and how Nadine decided to adapt regular yoga practice to cater to the Wise Women
- 11:00 Her Podcast, Yogi MD, to reach more women and in a broader way by offering a more holistic approach to health and well-being
- 12:55 The dimensions of health: physical, mental, emotional, intellectual and spiritual
- 18:00 Word-of-Mouth Marketing: Being outstanding and thoughtful to spread the word
- 22:30 Finding joy in helping cancer survivor feel safe and be part of a community
- Approach to health: Prevention versus Fixing symptoms
- Even aging bodies can always keep learning
- The 5 dimensions of health: physical, mental, emotional, intellectual and spiritual
- Community word-of-mouth marketing: doing outstanding work so the word will spread
- Yoga on a chair or in the kitchen is possible and is not boring
In the 2nd part of our conversation, she will explain why her business truly fills a void and how she uses her sense of creativity to adapt her yoga sessions to cater for women with very specific needs.
She will also explain how her passion for her work, her sense of reward from doing the right thing for the people who need her very special skill set help her overcome all the negative thoughts in moments of doubts.
And finally, in addition to her podcast, she will share with us the new development of her business, in order to touch more lives and to serve even more Wise Women.
As I said in the introduction of the 1st episode, Nadine is a gift. Stay tuned and enjoy the rest of our conversation with Nadine Kelly
Episode notes (part 2)
- 02:00 Nadine adapts her offering as she discovers what the Wise Woman’s needs are.
- 04:30 Teaching is a two-way street. To be creative and adapt is part of the joy of teaching.
- 07:00 Nadine is missed when she moved her yoga classes to another location as she is filling a void
- 10:00 Why Nadine doesn’t own a yoga studio. She goes where the Wise Women are instead of making them come to her
- 13:30 The business challenge of shifting from being a medical doctor in a hospital to becoming a freelancer
- 17:00 Helping people as a doctor vs helping Wise Women as a yoga teacher, in the world of prevention with a delayed gratification mindset
- 19:00 Her passion for her work, the reward from doing the right thing for the people who need her very special blend of skills help her overcome the negative thoughts in moments of doubts
- 21:00 Aging is beautiful. There is a sense of freedom with aging
- 22:00 Project of launching an online course to touch more Wise Women
- Fine-tune your product offering as your business and customers’ needs evolve
- Teaching is a two-way street
- Learn to adapt and be more creative for higher impact teaching
- Use the reward from doing the right thing for people who need you to kill the voices in your head in moments of doubts
- Aging is beautiful. There is a sense of freedom with aging
To find out more about Nadine and Yogi MD https://yogimd.net/