Today, I’m delighted to share with you my conversation with Julia Skergeth, a young and very inspiring handbag designer who has joined us from Vienna in Austria.
Julia is the embodiment of boldness. She is a bold business person and a bold designer.
In this very fun conversation, Julia will tell us the story about how launching a collection on a crowdfunding platform led her to take over a factory in Indonesia. She will also share with us the details of how she manages her creative process and her business; and why she chose to be completely transparent to her customers about her price structure. If you need a good dose of inspiration to shake things up or to take a less conventional approach in your business, this conversation with Julia Skergeth is definitely for you.
- Julia’s cross-country education and experiences (1:59)
- How Julia’s brand is connected to her personal vision (2:43)
- How Julia Skargeth brand started in Asia (4:30)
- How launching a Kickstarter campaign led Julia to … take over a factory in Indonesia (10:00)
- A crisis is a chance to grow and to get better (12:36)
- Why Julia relocated production in Europe and restarting the brand (13:28)
- On transparency as part of the brand storytelling (18:00)
- Julia’s creative process on the fringe of the traditional fashion calendar (24:02)
- Brand’s further developments (27:12)
- What brings joy to Julia from her business (28:51)
TO CONNECT WITH JULIA
Julia Skergeth website: https://www.juliaskergeth.com/en/welcome/
On Instagram: skergeth_official